Most library materials can be returned at the G/F Circulation Counter during the Library opening hours.
Course Reserved collections, and InterLibrary Loan materials should be borrowed at the 3/F Service Counter.
- Users are welcome to use the Book Drop, which is located near the Library entrance, to return Library books.
- Books in the Book Drop will be checked-in during the Library opening hours as below schedule:
Book Collection Time 9:00 am (Mon to Sat)
2:00 pm & 7:30 pm (Mon to Fri);2:00 pm & 6:00 pm (Sat)
Return Date Adjusted to the previous opening day
On the same date of collection
- Users are encouraged to check their updated circulation records 1 hour after the collection time.
- The following materials cannot be placed in the Book Drop and must be returned to the Circulation Counter during opening hours:
- Overdue books
- Multimedia materials
- Interlibrary Loan items
- Bound journals
- External Reader Cards
- Short Loan items
- Books with accompany materials
- Do not force books into or leave them outside the Book Drop. Please do not use the service if it is full.
- The Library will not be responsible for damages or loss of materials in the Book Drop.
Overdue fines may be charged according to different items. The borrowing privileges may be suspended if the items have not been returned for more than 30 days from the due date.
Please refer to the Borrowing Privileges for more fines details.
Users are responsible for taking care of the borrowed materials. Books should never be written on, marked or damaged. The user will be charged the full replacement cost at a current market price plus a HK$50 processing fee per item for lost or damaged items. Loss of out-of-print materials will be charged depending on the evaluating expenses.