Regulations of HKSYU Library Discussion Rooms and Presentation Room
The discussion rooms and presentation room in Hong Kong Shue Yan University are available for use by library patrons for group study or group meeting. The rooms may be booked at the 6/F Learning Commons Counter by patron with valid library card.
- Discussion rooms and presentation room are for walk-in access by students or academic staff on a first-come-first-served basis.
Discussion room at 6/F: groups of THREE to SIX
Presentation room at 5/F: groups of SEVEN to TEN
- One student can book ONE HOUR per week and each booking is at least ONE HOUR.
- Students should CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT the reserving room with room key at 6/F Learning Commons Counter on time. Please remember to return your key when your session ends, or renew it if your session last more than 3 hours. Overdue fine is HKD 2.00 per hour.
- Student MUST review the room booking status before reserving at 6/F Learning Commons Counter. Room booking is allowed 2 MONTHS in advance.
- A booking, not occupying the room within 15 minutes of the start time, is considered to have forfeited the booking. The Library may delete the booking so that another group may book the room.
- Students must observe library regulations, and leave the room in good order. The student is responsible to HKSYU Library for the cost of repairing any damage to the room that occurs during the period of use, and for the replacement cost of any equipment that is lost or stolen.
- HKSYU Library is not responsible for loss or damage of personal items left unattended in the room.
There are 2 discussion rooms at 6/F Learning Commons and 1 presentation room at 5/F.
The rooms are equipped with:
- White boards
- PC workstations with Internet access, Microsoft Office, DVD playable function
- Projector (5/F only)
Users can bring in their notebook computers for connection to the University’s network through WiFi.