Application of HKSYU Library Cards
A. HKSYU Staff & Students
All staff and students are automatically entitled to use the services and facilities provided by the Library with valid staff or student identity cards. Others need to register at the 2/F Information Counter.
B. HKSYU Alumni
|Card Type||Fee||Borrowing Privileges|
Alumni Reader Card
Alumni Borrower Card
*Cardholders of Alumni Reader / Borrower can access to online databases on-site, also they can remote access to selected online databases (see the below list):
The list is subject to change from time to time.
Remarks: Alumni users could also access the open access databases via Database > Type
Method of Application
Applicants should bring along the graduation certificate or other equivalent documents, one 1.5 x 2 inch recent photograph and the application fee (by Cash or Octopus card) to the 2/F Information Counter to apply for the Alumni Library Cards.
Notes to Users
- The Library reserves the right not to offer services to any individual based on his/her past conduct in the Library.
- The Alumni Reader and Borrower Card are not transferable to another user.
- Loss of the Card must be reported immediately to the Library Circulation Counter at 2806-5113.
- A replacement Card for accessing the Library or borrowing before your current service valid period expires could be applied by submitting (i) a recent photo and (ii) a completed application form to the Circulation Counter of the Library. All replacements must be applied in person.
C. Staff Family Members
Family members, who are over 12 (Twelve) years old on the application date, (including spouses, children, parents and siblings) of the HKSYU staff can apply for the Card free of charge. The Card duration is the same as to the staff’s employment period. However, a staff family member who stays in Hong Kong for less than 15 days is not eligible to apply for the Card (Online Form).
D. External Individual Readers
The Library may accept non-HKSYU members who need to locate our materials to conduct their research projects. The Library reserves the right to reject any application. The application of the External Individual Reader Card, Card duration and terms of usage are subject to the approval of the University Librarian.
- Requests are considered on individual basis.
- A written request, which includes a brief description of the research, may be submitted by person or mail to “The University Librarian, Hong Kong Shue Yan University Library Complex, 12 Wai Tsui Crescent, Braemar Hill Road, North Point, Hong Kong”.
- The request should be accompanied with supporting documents related to the research (e.g., a valid student card or tuition fee receipt); professional qualification (e.g., membership of professional associations); and/or recommendation letters from the academic supervisors.
- The Library will reply within five working days upon receiving each request. For approved request, the applicant is required to bring a recent photo (1.5″ x 2″) and come to the Library to complete the application form. When the Card is ready, the Library will contact the applicant for collection at the Circulation Counter.
- The Library will consider requests for Card renewal based on the same principles and arrangements listed above.
- The Reader Card does not include any borrowing privilege.
E. VIP Members
The HKSYU Library accepts individuals who make contributions to the Library to become VIP members. The application and borrowing privilege is subject to the approval of the University Librarian.