Interlibrary Loan System |
Download Interlibrary Loan Request Form
Interlibrary borrowing provided for HKSYU users supports the teaching, learning, research and other academic work by obtaining materials not owned by the Hong Kong Shue Yan University Library. All academic staff and students are eligible to use this service.
Before submitting your requests, please check the Library Catalogue
first as we do not process the requests which are held at HKSYU Library.
What kinds of materials are available?
Books and photocopies of journal articles are available for interlibrary loan.
- Requests will be sent to local academic libraries in Hong Kong, includes UGC-funded universities and QESS members.
- If books or journal articles requested are available in local libraries, we will apply for borrowing them immediately.
- If books requested are not available in any of the local libraries, the Library will inform the requesters. The Library will not request books from overseas institutions. Alternatively, requesters can recommend the items to be purchased by the Library.
- If journal articles requested are not available in any local libraries, requesters will be asked if they would like to have the items requested from overseas institutions.
Note: Charges for items from overseas institutions are much higher.
What kinds of materials are not available?
Lending policies vary from institution to institution. In general, e-books, e-journals, reference materials, course reserve items, rare books, dissertations, theses, manuscripts, AV materials and items in special collections are not available for interlibrary loan.
How do I submit a request?
Requesters can make online
or paper form submission for each item
by filling in the Interlibrary Loan Service Request Form via email email@example.com
Can I cancel the request?
No cancellation is permitted after the order has been placed with the lending library or document supplier.
How much will the Library charge?
- The interlibrary loan is a fee-based service. The charge of each request is different, subject to the local or overseas libraries' ILL policies.
- The requests from academic staff must be endorsed by the Department Head. The charges will be deducted from each department's library budget.
- For students, besides the original charges from other institutions,an extra administrative fee will be charged as below.
HK$25 / request
Where do I go to collect the requested materials?
When a book arrives at the Library, the requester will be informed to pick it up at the 3/F Information Counter. A notification email will be sent at least 4 days before the due date to remind the user, who can return the book to the same counter or renew it by replying the email.
2. Journal articles
Journal articles are usually sent to our Library either in PDF format by email or in photocopy format by post.
Requesters can collect the photocopy format of requested items at the 3/F Information Counter.
For articles in PDF format (if supplied by the lending library), we will sent the article to requester by email. An Acrobat Reader (8.0 or above) is required to open PDF files. Mozilla Firefox version 3.0 or better, or Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7.0 or better is recommended as the web browser.
Who can I contact if I have enquiries on interlibrary loan?
Should you have any enquiries, please call 2806-5114 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org